This is from a book by an Australian nurse who spent years working with people in the last 12 weeks of their life. I like to think my time in Daddyland means I will be less likely to have these regrets. I’m sure I’ll have them, but I am really, really happy that I won’t say #2.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.