You know your two-year-old is not your average Swede in Sweden when …
1. She has the best arm in her entire daycare but does not like to kick a soccer ball
2. She smiles at strangers, says hi and bye and makes eye contact even when people are pressing themselves into corners to ignore her
3. She gets out of the stroller, runs around the mall, laughs wildly or throws a tantrum
4. She urges you to “run fast” down a supermarket aisle, past all the other children sitting docile in their strollers
5. She yells “Go! Run!” at the TV during an (American) football game
6. She knows what a baseball looks like
7. She craves Cheerios
8. She knows and loves Elmo, Ernie, Big Bird, Telly, Cookie Monster and Oscar
9. She sings three separate versions of “Coming ‘Round the Mountain”
10. She calls you Daddy, not Papa.
And you take none of it for granted.